Friday, January 1, 2010

I still want a Hula Hoop!


It's over again. This is the saddest time of the year, isn't it? Luckily, I have TONS of photos and some great new cowboy boots to enjoy!

This Christmas was the first one that I've ever woken up in my own house. EVER. Seriously, we moved to Beaumont when I was a baby and went back to Abilene every year for Christmas. There were a couple of years that I was in Beaumont and couldn't leave, but I stayed with Jimmy's family then too so that I wouldn't be alone. Then, we moved to Dallas and started alternating Christmas between Abilene and Beaumont. This year, now that Jimmy's parents live up here, they decided to have Christmas in Dallas! God must have been happy about this too, 'cause he sent us SNOW! A White Christmas in Texas? Global warming, schmobal warming....


Natalie's first and Cody's fourth Christmas were pretty great. Cody even told me "It was the best Christmas ever!" Not sure where he heard that, but cool! Santa brought them a kitchen with lots of play food and pots and pans. Cody also got the Batman Cave and all of Batman's "friends" (you know, The Joker, Penguin, etc...his poker buds). Natalie got cute clothes and lots of things to chew on.


Jimmy and I decided not to exchange gifts this year...saving to pay off my car and our 5 year anniversary is coming up in a couple of weeks...we didn't miss the gifts at all! I thought it was funny on Christmas Eve, because I couldn't decide if it was better to be a kid waiting for Christmas or a Mommy. They felt the same to me! So great!


So, now, 2010 has begun. The only event we anticipate this year is Lori & Kyle's wedding in May and perhaps a ski trip with the Brady Bunch next Christmas. (Please, oh please???) I'm happy to have my beautiful family to spend time with and make me laugh. I pray that your new year is as blessed as I believe mine will be!

2 comments:

Lori York said...

Does this mean you will blog more??? :)

I LOVE knowing what's going on in your life!

April said...

awwww....so glad you guys had a good Christmas. I've enjoyed looking at all your pictures! I often tell Wesley the same thing...can't wait to have kids to celebrate Christmas with...seems like it's just not the same if you aren't a kid or don't have them around to share in all the excitement :-)